We wanted to share with you some awesome book recommendations that can challenge your mind and help you redefine the concepts of success and happiness. I found it on Quora, read all of them – and I can truly recommend them to anyone wanting to improve their life.
The book to read is not the one which thinks for you, but the one which makes you think. — Harper Lee
5 Amazing Books That Will Help You Think Differently
1. Man’s Search for Meaning by Viktor E. Frankl: the psychology of survival and finding strength to live in circumstances where most would give up. We don’t control what happens to us, only how we respond. Psychiatrist Viktor Frankl’s memoir has riveted generations of readers with its descriptions of life in Nazi death camps and its lessons for spiritual survival.
2. The Surrender Experiment by Michael A. Singer: a roadmap to achieving happiness, an exploration of what letting go can do to one’s life and a discovery of what happens when we tune out the noise of our busy lives. Michael tells the extraordinary story of what happened when, after a deep spiritual awakening, he decided to let go of his personal preferences and simply let life call the shots.
3. The Untethered Soul by Michael A. Singer: a practical guide to letting go of painful experiences, living mindfully, and freeing yourself from habitual thoughts, emotions and energies that limit your growth. Whether this is your first exploration of inner space, or you’ve devoted your life to the inward journey, this book will transform your relationship with yourself and the world around you.
4. Happier: Learn the Secrets to Daily Joy and Lasting Happiness by Tal Ben-Shahar, one of Harvard University’s most popular lecturers. Treat happiness not like an end goal, but like a habit by actively working on becoming happier every day. This fine book shimmers with a rare brand of good sense that is imbedded in scientific knowledge about how to increase happiness.
5. Choose the Life You Want: The Mindful Way To Happiness by Tal Ben-Shahar. This is another book on positive psychology with many examples of how you can apply this concept to your daily life.